What You Need to Know About Lawn Fertilizer in Georgetown
Spring is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about fertilizing your lawn. It can be a little intimidating if you haven’t done it before, but we’ve got the answers you need to help ensure your lawn looks great.
Why is fertilizer important for your lawn?
Fertilizer helps by introducing nutrients to your lawn that diminish over time. An unhealthy lawn is susceptible to disease, which in turn can cause it to die. Most fertilizers are generally made up of three vital nutrients:
- Phosphorus : Helps your lawn develop healthy roots and stems.
- Nitrogen: Promotes healthy growth by encouraging your lawn to produce chlorophyll. This is the chemical that is essential to photosynthesis (a process where plants produce energy).
- Potassium : Builds up the strength of your lawn, and helps it fight off disease and drought.
What are the benefits of fertilizing?
Fertilizing helps your lawn by:
- Promoting healthy growth
- Fighting disease
- Building resistance to pests and weeds
- Keeping it looking green and plush
- Creating a great place to walk barefoot or play around in
- Ensuring a green, healthy appearance.
When should you put down fertilizer?
You should add light fertilization to your lawn in early spring, around mid-April. The first sight of your grass starting to grow is a great time to fertilize. We also recommend applying a heavier application in the fall.
Hire professionals to fertilize for you
Save yourself time and worry, and look for a professional lawn fertilizer in Georgetown. At Weed-A-Way, we use an eco-friendly fertilizer that is safe for your family and pets. It’s a Canadian-made premium blend made of potassium and nitrogen that slowly releases the nutrients that your lawn needs over the course of one to two months.
More than just fertilizing
Weed-A-Way offers a lot more services than just fertilizing, including:
- Grub Control
- Seed and feed
- Insect Control
- Lime treatment
- Weed control